The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    American University
  Dec 12, 2017
American University Catalog 2017-2018

Veterans' Educational Benefits

American University's degree programs are approved for educational benefits under the various federal laws relating to veterans. While every effort has been made to provide accurate and complete information, changes in federal regulations and university policy may occur at any time without notice. The following should be considered informational and not binding on the university.

Certification of Enrollment to the Veterans Administration

After registering for classes, new, continuing, or transfer students who intend to use their VA educational benefits must submit an online Request for Certification of Enrollment for VA Benefits form every semester and submit it to Veteran Services.

Enrollment will be certified with the Veterans Administration (VA) after AU's Veteran Services has received the request. To fill out the Certification Request form, go to

For further information on the administration of veterans' educational benefits, inquiries may be emailed to